It’s been a long winter, and even though it’s not over quite yet, spring really is right around the corner. That means Spring Cleaning at BISSELL - it’s one of our favorite times of the year! We realize that not everyone gets as excited as we do about a whole season dedicated to chores, but that’s why we’re here, to set you up for a successful Spring Cleaning season. Since we’re just getting started, we’ll start off small and give you a few things to think about before getting into the nitty gritty of cleaning.
- Make a list of what you hope to accomplish. Crack open that calendar and plan out your cleaning time, making sure to prioritize what needs to get done and on what day. This way, you’re going into Spring Cleaning with a game plan. But don’t forget to be realistic and recognize how much work each task will be.
- Make it fun. Put together a special cleaning playlist (we definitely recommend adding ‘Happy’ by Pharrell Williams and ‘Another One Bites the Dust’ by Queen) or stopping at the store to check out some new cleaning supplies, because who doesn’t love buying, and using, something new?
- Make it a group effort and get everyone involved. If you have kids, have them help with spring cleaning tasks. No matter their age, there’s something they can help with. This is also a good way to get them involved in cleaning all year long, not just during spring.
- Start dealing with clutter. Do you have a pile of mail that’s been waiting for you to go through? Flip through it quickly and then recycle it. Have you started a pile of clothes to donate? Put it in your trunk so it’s halfway there. Take your cans back. Small things like this can help get the ball rolling on spring cleaning.
- Purge as you go. If you notice things that you haven't used in a while or that are old and worn (we're looking at you, gloves with the hole in the finger), toss it. The more old things you can get out of your house now, the less you have to clean around later.
Last but not least, take a deep breath and don’t be intimidated. You’ve got this! Spring cleaning is a long season and there’s plenty of time to get the cleaning you need done. We’re here to help every step of the way. Happy Spring Cleaning!